Saturday 11 June 2016

Ramsau Kirche

There's a famous little church in the village of Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden that I have seen in various catalogues and tourist guides so naturally when the opportunity arose to photograph it I gladly accepted. Sadly the weather wasn't exactly kind to us the day we were there, the Alps, which form the backdrop to the church, being completely hidden by low cloud. Nevertheless I did capture a few images of the church.

Approaching Ramsau Church

Conveniently there are several small bridges crossing the river that allow the photographer to capture the church.

Ramsau Church

And looking back on the church...

Ramsau Church

This monochrome is a copy of a black & white photograph displayed in the local Tourist Office and gives some indication of what I was unable to capture.

Ramsau Church with Bavarian Alps in background

On a good day the view would be nothing short of stunning. Try your luck by following this link to the Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden webcam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.