Sunday 6 September 2015

Morning Sunlight

I love the way early morning sunlight dapples its way through the trees forming patters of colour, light and darkness. There is some evidence that early morning sunlight is good for the body too... it even helps us lose weight apparently.

Morning Sunlight at Slade Woods


Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise, goes the old adage and there may well be truth in that. Scientists have discovered that getting a good dose of early morning sunshine really does improve health by lowering body fat.

They say even just 20-30 minutes of morning sunlight is enough to keep off the pounds, in a study that links weight to light. 
Results indicate that early morning light triggers certain genes which are linked to the internal body clock and kick-starts the metabolism.

Whether or not any of this is true I have no idea, but I do know being out and about early either cycling or walking certainly gives me an appetite... so now that Tilly has been walked, fed and watered I'm off to find some breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.