Monday 21 September 2015

Early morning exercise

I found sleep hard to come by on Saturday night so I finally gave up and got out of bed at 5:00 a.m. on Sunday morning and went for a walk.

The dark doesn't trouble me, but I wouldn't recommend everyone to get up and go out while it is still dark, which it very much is at that time of day here. Still the world is a quiet place in this neck of the woods and once outside the bounds of the village I enjoyed the solitude and night noises of the small animals going about their daily lives.


Night Sky
The moon peeking through the broken cloud gave a hint of the promise of the day to come. I found it surprisingly warm as I walked and about an hour into my route I began to wish I hadn't work two layers under my jacket.

One or two lights shone from farm house windows as I strode on and by 6:30 a.m. the odd motorist had appeared on the road meaning I'd have to take a little more care in the half-light since the country lane I was walking on is barely wide enough for two cars to pass each other and motorists tend to drive on the crown of the road. The early morning travellers do provide some interesting visuals though.

Streamed Head & Tail lights
All in all I enjoyed my early morning exercise and with almost nine miles under my belt by the time I arrived home I was certainly ready for a hearty breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.