Wednesday 6 July 2016

Lest we forget, poppies come in other colours too

When I think of poppies I admit my mind immediately turns to the red ones we all associate with the First World War, Flanders fields and Armistice Day.


But of course poppies come in a variety of other colours too. Here are a couple that thrive in my neighbourhood.



These can also be found, but only in one local garden I know of.


And if you keep your eyes open you'll also spot these.


I think my favourite colour of poppy that grows locally is still the red one...


...though of all the poppies I've seen over the years I think this may be the most beautiful.


I don't know anyone who grows these and I've never seen seeds (this one was growing in Trebah Gardens in Cornwall).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.