Sunday 24 September 2017

Usky's visit to the city of Ephesus - Pt.2

If you read my previous post you'll recall I had just started to explore the ancient city of Ephesus and made it as far as the small theatre (Odeon) or Bouleterion. Shall we move on?

Leaving the Odeon
That's a pretty impressive roadway isn't it? It leads us towards to main part of the city and takes us past the Palace of Parliament and the Temple of Domitian.

Palace of Parliament
Temple of Domitian
There were other important buildings along this road too, but these are currently being excavated.

As we turn the corner we pass the Monumental Gateway of Memnius and enter The Sacred Way.

Monumental Gateway of Memnius
Top of The Sacred Way
 We'll spend a little time along The Sacred Way since it is an important area of Ephesus, but I will leave that for Part 3 of my visit to Ephesus blog.

Lower part of The Sacred Way with the Library of Celsus in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.