Saturday 23 September 2017

Bored on the beach? Create something different!

The trend toward being artistic while holidaying on a beach has interested me for a while. Over the years I've noted a shift from the traditional sand castle to some pretty amazing sand sculptures, some  made for viewing in daylight:


...and some intended to be viewed after dark:


The beaches on Samos however tend to be mostly stony and as a consequence 'artists' have had to show some versatility. Of course there are lots of stone cairns to be seen:


These little towers seem to spring up pretty much daily and while they are well balanced I don't find them particularly interesting. Just occasionally though you spot something a little more individual, like these chaps:


The tall one on the right reminds me of a child's cartoon character wearing a hat!

Then there was this...


Is it someone's reproduction of a stone circle? It could be, there appears to be entranceway leading to the main construction. Or is it someone laying on their back, those long lines of stones legs with feet pointing upwards?


Whatever it is meant to be I find it interesting. For me it's an ancient stone circle, although not one I'm familiar with. It just has that feel for me. Why not open the images in a new tab, view them full size and explore them for yourself then let me know what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.