Wednesday 30 November 2016

Just can't help myself

I was getting petrol this morning when I noticed a middle aged woman having difficulties. She'd filled her car, but then the thing wouldn't start and she was trying to push it off the forecourt. I finished filling up, then went across to help and by God do I wish now I hadn't...

Here's the thing, I have osteoarthritis in my hands and am awaiting surgery: trapeziectomy on both thumbs. You may or may not want to watch the embedded video... it's not the most attractive thing in the world and not really for the squeamish.


So pushing this lady's car (I'm disgusted nobody else offered to help!) has done me no favours and tonight I feel as though my hands are on fire and I'm in considerable pain. A noble gesture to help a lady in distress no doubt, but under the circumstances bloody stupid! When will I ever learn? 😖

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.