Wednesday 24 January 2018

Tricks of the light

Lighting the subject makes a world of difference to a photographer, but you don't always need a load of expensive kit to achieve some interesting results. I recently photographed some fungi that help make the point.


I spotted these growing in a hedgerow and noticed how the fast moving clouds and occasional bright sunlight gave them a complete makeover.


Quite an amazing difference isn't it? But nothing compared to the diffence a conveniently placed neon sign can make.

Before:


And after:


I loved the surreal appearance the bright neon reflection gave these fungi. Completely artificial of course and probably something I'll never be able to recreate, but still interesting I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.