Friday 21 July 2017

Mmmmmm fresh vegetables!

I spoke about the abundance of soft fruit here in the UK earlier today and thought I'd follow the post up with a word or two about vegetables. If you're a regular visitor to this blog you may recall I photographed courgette flowers back in June and talked about stuffing and eating the male ones instead of wasting them, which I've tried and have to say they were fabulous! Anyway we started harvesting our courgettes recently and they are pretty damn fabulous too. So in just a few short weeks the courgettes have progressed from this:


To this:



Just a few of our wonderful yellow courgettes.


Look kind of cute don't they?

As well as courgettes we've also been eating broad beans, black kale, radish, spinach and mooli from the garden. Other crops are just coming into season and today we cut the first of our cucumbers from the vine.

Cucumber and courgettes from the garden
The cue is a little on the small side, but there are so many growing we decided to take this first one since we know they can go a little bitter if left on the vine too long.

I really love vegetables when they're this fresh, they have so much more flavour than anything you'll pick up at the market and watching them grow is so much fun too. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I'll be sure to reply.